Anda berada di:

Rabu, 09 Oktober 2013

How to RESET the dead R290 (with double blink)

Epson Stylus photo R290 is a great printer. it has 6 different ink colors that is: Magenta, Light Magenta, Cyan, Light Cyan, Black, and Yellow which makes all color in photo represents correctly so you'll have (with the right glossy paper) WYSIWYG photo.

image: EPSON R290 source here

when I bought it, it said in the guarantee letter disclaimer that if you use any other cartridges beside EPSON genuine cartridges, EPSON will no longer support you. so I took a risk installing printer with infus system (which will make sure cheaper ink running cost of course) but I lose their guarantee.

Then it's running great as time goes by. until ...


At first, I didn't know about any parts inside this printer. so, it's annoyed me to know that this printer has time limit of certain part that have to be repair. one of it called: waste ink pad. When installing infus system, you might be surprise that this printer has a little pipe tunnel with empty tank to be fills by waste ink. when you don't use infus system, the pad (to absorb waste ink) locate inside your printer. and it has a time limit (count and controll by printer eprom) of how much waste ink that it could be absorb by the pad. what happend when it's full of waste ink? you should buy another one! waste ink generated when you do cleaning head.

image: piping waste ink out

Normally you will be allert by EPSON software (when you install the printer's driver for the first time it's include Epson Status Monitor installed on your system) when this part (waste ink pad) of your printer close to their allowed counted life. It happends when it printing something (still print normally),  it would prompt something that say: You should repair your Printer. well, I forgot exactly what it said, but I have experience it twice since I bought this R290. Then after several times printing, it dead with 2 indicators next to on/of switch button blinking orange (not yellow). Dang! no matter you turn it off or on, it still no respon. blinking always.

I asked my friend about this, and he told me to googling with keyword: resetter Epson r290. I found several links, but it didn't tell me much about what to do. anyway, I finally got the file. resetter Epson R290. try to use it and failed. what's wrong? I didn't know. I just drop it, enough for one day.

sooo, I try again another day, but with another computer set. it dont have R290 driver yet, and has M$ windows XP installed as it operating system (the prior one has win7 OS). I link the printer  at USB port and turn it on. OS prompt that it dont have any driver that suitable to it. but I ignored it. I open the rar  that contain the resetter file, extract all files in to 1 folder directory. The file has: 1 file exe adjprog.exe, 2 file dll, 1 datecracker bat file, and 1 note.

image: file contain

Reading the note (in Bahasa Indonesia) seems like this program has limited usable time and  user. when you execute adjprog.exe other than noted date (April, 1, 2008) all file in your directory will be gone! So first, make a copy of this R290 setter rar file, then make sure you change the date to April, 1 2008

Execute the file, it will prompt new window program of terms & agreement. If you choose ok, then it would be like this:

image: Opening

I just press the "Particular Adjustment Mode" button, because I don't know what "sequential adjustment mode" is.. then it would be like this:

 image: particular adjustment mode

well, till here I just search that thing: "waste ink pad". it's under the sub: maintenance. click it then press OK.

  image: the counter

make sure your print is on and connected (even dont have driver yet). if your printer not dead (still can print but only already have warning), you could check how much % and point of your waste ink pad. if your printer dead and blinked (like mine) than you just press initialize. then like a magician, that printer is coming alive!

Well, I guess this can make your printer alive again. But, remember your waste ink must be piping outside and store it in temporary little bottle. if you dont have that, you should change your waste ink pad (I don't know how much it cost) otherwise that waste ink would flooding your inner printer...




4 komentar:

  1. The post you have shared is of great help to me as i was looking for this type of information. Thanks for sharing it.
    waste ink counter

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. you're welcome George, it's nice to share it to the world :) thank you for your comment

      Hapus
  2. You save me, i read very a lot of articles and post and anything hep to me, you save me, thanks by the post, and a recomendation in the last step remember select the items to initialize.

    Very thanks sir, excuse me my english.

    BalasHapus